Wednesday, August 19, 2009

GRATEFUL...




for:

**being alive to LIVE.

**2 full weeks.

**3 months.


**getting a job...at a family law firm--so blessed.

**actually taking a mini-lunch break today so that i can do this grateful list..it's important

**her face...

**showing up...being presence...being and remaining conscious of the things i know i need to do within (and without)

**taking it off autopilot and steering the plane...

**pure, unconditional love...when it comes down to it, it's all i truly have to give...but i give it with my whole heart and soul and it is yours to keep...

**time with Jellybean...it was on last week's list too...because i got ANOTHER week :)

**my understanding that people won't/don't/can't understand me...i am perfectly fine with that...they just have to get there too.

**best friends who are more like sisters (with different daddies of course, lol)

**wings, potato ensemble, etc...ahh, my kitchen goddess

**remembering what leading means...gotta be willing to take the good AND the hard stuff if you take on that role...

**un-con-ven-tion-al. 'nuff said.

**...except that i like unconventional. very much. ok now, 'nuff said. lol

**the bright yellow heart-within-a-heart paperweight that sits on my desk...

**that pimpin' for some produce went off without a hitch...damn, that plum was good. and apparently i now like cucumbers as long as they're made her way...

**oh, and speaking of which--for her cabbage...i mean this is borderline ridiculous really. lol

**my mom's recent good news (times 2)...so proud/happy

**the internal depth of it...can be almost overwhelming at times

**the fact that the proof is in the pudding...i had a FB status about 3 weeks ago that said "are you watching? i'm going to show you something..."...and i'm doing just that. makes me happy.

**the browns and greens in the deep forests of her eyes...there will never be enough weeks/lists to reach full grateful capacity on this one...so i'll just keep saying thank you.

**our talk(s)...haven't been easy ones, but needed...we've been at this friend thing for a long time now...so glad we're still being honest with each other.

**the way my heart stretched when you nestled this deep into it because you took up more space than it has ever allowed before...

don't forget to smile...doesn't always come as mindlessly as breathing, but is potentially just as important...--bRandy

2 comments:

brandi said...

I love this-

my understanding that people won't/don't/can't understand me...i am perfectly fine with that...they just have to get there too

I'm needing that lesson this week, I am really tired of trying to help people understand. Just makes them more confused and me more frustrated.

Shelle said...

**my understanding that people won't/don't/can't understand me...i am perfectly fine with that...they just have to get there too.
...yep must agree and great insight


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger