Saturday, September 12, 2009

LoveRing




I looked at you today and saw tomorrow…and tomorrow’s tomorrow…and next year’s next year and…
I wanted to ask you a question…
But I was missing something…
Something most consider a pretty important accompaniment to this particular question…
Something that symbolizes the seriousness of my commitment to the commitment that this question brings

and at the time I couldn’t bring myself to ask you without the missing piece...
so my question instead became...

can my love be your ring?

Can I wrap myself around the whole of you...
show you that my commitment goes far beyond what most mean when they wrap two inches of gold and a carat of diamond around a finger…
I want to wrap myself around the whole of you and adorn the top with my soul…
if i promised it would shine as bright and never tarnish...could my love be your ring?

It wouldn’t be something new—for you’ve had my love and my soul for as long as I can remember knowing your name,

It would be something old—old enough to have experienced enough to know that this love…
your love…
will always BE…
enough.

It would be something borrowed…from cupid...from old movies when love was real...from ruby d and ozzie...from noah and allie…

And it would be something blue…like the hues that interlace with the mauves when God’s painting sunsets across the horizon just for us…my love for you stretches that far…goes that deep…and truly is that beautiful

THIS WAS A TOTAL WORK IN PROGRESS...THERE'S MORE TO IT AND THERE WAS GOING TO BE EVEN MORE...ONLY POSTED THE PARTS THAT MADE AT LEAST A LITTLE SENSE--THE REST WAS LOVESICK RAMBLINGS AT BEST, LOL. I DON'T KNOW IF, UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS ONE WILL EVER TURN INTO SOMETHING FOR REAL, BUT I LIKED THE IDEA OF IT ANYWAY...
-B

3 comments:

brandi said...

I LOVE it... Beautiful.

Shelle said...

oh you ARE a poet, maybe not a spoken word artist, but definitely a poet...sigh, you are something else...i don't know what to say...oh thats right...i already said yes :)

CousinSarah said...

Beautiful ma...wish I had gotten there early enough to hear it last week.

And she got ya ass writing again...HIGH FIVE UP HIGH WHEN I ROLL THROUGH TONIGHT SHELLEY SHELLE! hahahahahaha


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger