Wednesday, September 30, 2009

GRATEFUL...

"You think this is just another day in your life? It's not just another day...it's the one day that is given to you...today. It's given to you...it's a gift. it's the only gift that you have right now...and the only appropriate response...is gratefulness."



for...
**this gift called life

**this gift called love

**the skies...i am amazed by them every single day right now and i don't know how i've missed this for 29 years...(actually saw a rainbow on my way home yesterday--and it hadn't been raining!)

**life being peaceful enough for me to be still...and think deeply again...and get to know myself again...i have missed me.

**our new apartment...it took a little convincing, i know, but i really do like it...

**"our" new apartment.

**the kiddos spending lots of time there...glad they feel it's home too

**noremak and ydnarb...we are gonna make millions! lol

**friends...who love and support no matter what. means a lot...

**my brother staying safe on his travels to/from his long-distance fiancee...

**good talks with friends who make me laugh...hard (i'll call it "Can You Trust a Sneaky Heffa?" lmao...no ma'am)

**the outdoor opportunities that come with the cooler weather...mt. bonnell, wildlife preserve, town lake, barton springs, botanical gardens, here i come...

**the 2 opposing yet complimentary phenomena happening for me at the same time--choosing to use my voice more...and choosing to use it less. sounds strange, but makes sense when you think in terms of the "choice" aspect, not the acts themselves.

**words that are coming for this one poem that i really want to be very good...they're coming...at their own pace, but they're coming...

**my alpha baby...she handles up so sweetly lol

**making a trip to get a load of my stuff from storage...i feel better now with more clothes to choose from

**how 'bout them cowboys? still didn't look like my boys of old, but they got the win on MNF and i was happy...

**watching MNF with my girl who was equally into it...with wings and beer. utopia anyone? lol

**being so open-minded...it's amazing the things people tell me...i love hearing about all different things...people truly intrigue me--on a deep level

**the browns and greens in the deep forests of her eyes...

**"working" from home...spending the day together

**the coffeemaker is back in action and we are both so excited! lol

**the beauty that is her--unique in so many ways...i know her well...yet believe i will still be learning her every single day...and i love that process--so much to her, so much beauty to behold.

**"you two just fit...it's so obvious just by looking at you both"...thank you.

**you doing the hard work to make it/you better...the reading, the counselor (even if she is grandma moses, lol), the talking, the blogging...i'm so very proud of you.

**reconnecting with friends...thanks for your encouragement love...

**getting more in touch with that "other" side of me...it's there...i may as well admit it and embrace it...cause i actually kinda like it. sugary sweet has its place but uhh....lol :)

**home sweet home.


don't forget to smile...doesn't always come as mindlessly as breathing, but is potentially just as important...--bRandy


3 comments:

Jakki said...

Lovin' that video...speaks of a LOT that I am dealing with. I have to share....

brandi said...

my heart swells... just SO grateful. I am truly blessed...

And Grandma Moses is out. I feel a little guilty about that, but I am feeling great about where I'm headed now.

Shelle said...

i think this is one of my favorite lists of yours...not sure why, maybe because i do see you being more at peace with yourself and your surroundings, and its showing in your every day walk.
i got you.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger