Thursday, April 09, 2009

OH...YES I AM...

I received the following comment on Facebook last night:

"not grateful today b-Rand?"

I am...I was just buried beneath a trial brief that comprises 50% of my legal writing/research/analaysis course grade for the semester...

hell, i'm grateful to be alive--it was heavy!! In fact, I'll start there...today I'm grateful for:

**the fact that I'm alive and didn't get completely crushed by the trial brief beast...

**accountability and reminders to be grateful and let my peeps know about it (thanks Keaton)

**the fact that i like dan the mann enough to miss him...and already too. i hope you're reading this from san antonio buddy...

**wake up calls...wake up calls...wake up calls. you can't snooze 'em.

**that when a monarch lands on your shoulder, you somehow feel lighter--not like you're carrying any additional weight...

**piping rock...(not a drug reference, it's the name of a street)

**checking in....thank you to those who have lately...

**the view from my new apartment...reminds me of austin--nothing but green trees...

**my new friend....

**my old friends....

**both being comfortable calling it a "date"...hahah

**you getting me snacks...that was very thoughtful...

**IM convos with my best friend and our personal comedian, Ted. He is insane.

**Fort Worth Water Gardens...that's where i got my mojo back...

**water...it does so much for me...helps me do so much for myself...

**the ability to "tough love"/"straight talk" myself and get my mind right better than anyone else can do for me. i think it's a valuable skill to be able to get yourself in line instead of having to depend on others to do it for you...and i am glad i can...and glad i did.

**just letting things flow...and seeing where they lead...no matter what, i'm always here...i adore you.

don't forget to smile...doesn't always come as mindlessly as breathing...but is potentially just as important...
-bRandy

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Keaton, Dan, and I were all talking last night about how you hadn't updated. :) I think we all look forward to it.

brandi said...

You rock! I am thankful for your friendship. I wish I could have your skill of pulling yourself out of it. Maybe someday when I grow up! :)


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger