Wednesday, June 03, 2009

CHOMPING AT THE BIT...




You know your life has taken an excellent turn when you actually have to hold yourself at bay each week to wait to do your grateful list...been waiting all week for Wednesday...so here we go...


grateful...

**that God gives us not what we deserve, but what (s)he wants us to have...


**for you...


**for knowing myself and what i need...still no tv...need more time to take in the dissapation of noise, chaos and distraction from thoughts/feelings/growth...


**for drops of jupiter...that song has found its way back to my list in a big way...i love it.


**for AT&T finally getting it together...made me happier than i anticipated...ridiculous smile...


**for my summer research assistantship...i'll be researching slavery and the law on a project involving a slave woman in galveston who had a 30-year relationship with her master and the subsequent legalities when he died and freed her in his will, leaving his estate to her...exciting.


**for our corner in the hallway at my job...my footprints are on the wall so i've marked our territory...


**john mayer...that boy is damn good at what he does--seriously...he is underrated in my opinion...i really, really dig him...

--your body is a wonderland --gravity --slowdancing in a burning room --in repair


**for "embarass the universe"...i am extremely impressed...


**for the way those two center strands of curls criss-cross each other and trace her face--falling across her right eye and landing lightly on her lips when i cannot be there to do so...


**for having great ways to pass my time at work...especially since the last 2 of my peeps that i actually talk to are leaving....i'll miss ya ben and erin (still miss you boys--keaton and daniel)...

**happy birthday Desi...you are still my little princess and i miss you--very much.


**for best friends...relationships that are sometimes difficult for others to understand...and for not caring about that at all...


**for G3...missed you...


**for picking up the phone and making things clear...we do it our way--we always have...always will...


**for archives...sometimes the best way to understand where you are is to remember/understand where you've been...


**for no filters...give it to ya straight, no chase...


**for our first trip coming up in about a week...can't wait...


**for being told "you taught me how to love" by my baby brother after he proposed and got engaged...meant a lot to me...


**for people experiencing me differently...and liking it...


**for you being a good enough friend not to say "i told you so"...but for me being honest enough to admit that you did...you were right, and thank you for trying....had to learn on my own, albeit the hard way...but i've learned...


**that those lessons help me recognize what i've got now...amazing, it is...you are.


**walking through the halls, opening doors...loving contents...all.


**for the happiness i feel...it knocks me off my feet everyday...


**for conversations that have pushed my boundaries and set huge new records...and loving every moment of it...


**for the browns and greens in the forests of her eyes...again...still...


**for grateful lists that could go on and on...


don't forget to smile...doesn't always come as mindlessly as breathing, but is potentially just as important...--bRandy

5 comments:

brandi said...

I love the very first line... that God gave you not what you deserve, but what he wanted you to have... That's something I marvel at everyday. I am loved so much more than I could ever be worthy of...

my coffee is always said...

we all take very interesting paths to happiness!!! every once in a while we run into, and make pit/rest stops at some of the most marvelous views and wonders this life has to offer. enjoy the moments. enjoy the view...

joey said...

ummm, so i remember when i read your "in repair" post...and your next... and your next...believe it or not, its you that turned me onto john m-ayer. i loved it and i love that you refered to my boy mayer again, of course it reminded me of those posts and THEN you wrote about archives... well, i'm grateful for your archives missy!

Shelle said...

very proud of my zeus and all her accomplishments lately...smiling,blushing, grinning...great thoughful list

Ebony Stewart said...

Really sweet list!
I love what your brother said.
And I'm glad AT&T got it together.
That song by John Mayer is awesome!

Hugs.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger