Monday, June 01, 2009

SPEAK FREELY...




There is great beauty in listening...i've always believed this. I am beginning to find that there is also beauty to be found in speaking...when your words are being heard...when your thoughts and ideas are sought after, encouraged, and appreciated...and when you are truly free to say whatever it is that you think or feel and know that you will not be judged, accused, or berated...something in you shifts, in all the right ways.


I tend to be in my head a LOT. In the past week, I've been told by two different people, "Mannn, you are QUIET" and "you do that a LOT" (in reference to thinking). Both these things are true...and will likely continue to be true...but also, i'm beginning to recognize the sound of my own voice a little more...i might even like it a little...but not too much..."those" people get on my nerves and always will. lol


it is an amazing feeling to have your words be treated with such care...being able to say what i like and don't like and have it remembered...being able to say what my views are and have them respected and not talked-over...and being able to express my feelings with words while not feeling that the vulnerability there will be taken advantage of...it's a beautiful thing.


while listening with attentiveness and no-judgment is one of the things i bring to the table, getting the same in return makes me want to continue to be better, in addition to being appreciative...so thank you...thank you for continuing to make me better...and for gentle reminders to just....speak freely.


--bRandy

4 comments:

brandi said...

we are much more alike that I've ever realized before... I'm learning that it's not fair to do all of the contemplating in my head when I have a partner who should be in on the gig...

Keaton Donald Esq. said...

That's what happens when you surround yourself with truly amazing people that care about you just as much as you care about them. :)

Shelle said...

the safe place we BOTH have now is nice huh?

bRandy said...

yes baby...it most certainly is...


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger