Monday, July 20, 2009

Just Watching...

i watch you sleep...
unsure how i went the first 29 years without ever seeing anything so beautiful,
yet sure i never did...
hair creating a halo appropriate for the angel that you are...
ringlets draped across smooth cheeks, landing softly on the nape of your neck
eyes wide shut...giving my heart the momentary breather it needs after being taken by them all day long...
lips perched in a butterfly kiss...as if waiting for me to give them flight...
so i do...
and you awaken for a moment and ask me if this is a dream...
i smile at you
for you ask of me what i have asked of myself a thousand times...
but i find a way to add words to my smile and tell you that
this...
is a dream...
come true.
now go back to sleep baby...your dreams are waiting for you...
and when you wake up,
i...
we...
will still be your reality.

-b

2 comments:

brandi said...

truly beautiful

Shelle said...

you take my breath away sometimes...


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Real Estate. Powered by Blogger